Orbit’s accelerator programme provides expert support to high school students looking to launch their own businesses. Our next programme will commence in September 2020 and will welcome 400 students aged between 16-19 years old – called “Orbiteers” – to our ten centres across the United Kingdom.
The programme takes place over ten sessions between September 2020 and January 2021 and features exclusive workshops, expert mentoring, and access to billionaire entrepreneurs and leading politicians. With this package of support, seventeen year old students are building six-figure businesses and hiring staff members to run their businesses.
We recruit our Orbiteers through our network of 120 partner schools and the programme takes place outside of school hours in major city centres. Orbiteers are required to attend one “gaff session” every fortnight between September 2020 and January 2021, and the programme concludes with an awards dinner in London.
2020-2021 Programme Session Dates.
Our next programme will run from September 2020 and January 2021, and we’ll support 400 Orbiteers from 120 schools across 10 UK cities.
- Business Mentor Application Deadline: Thursday 30th April 2020.
- School Application Deadline: Friday 29th May 2020.
- Orbiteer Application Deadline: Friday 31st July 2020.
- Session One: Tuesday 15th September 2020, 6pm – 9pm.
- Session Two: Tuesday 29th September 2020, 6pm – 9pm.
- Session Three: Tuesday 13th October 2020, 6pm – 9pm.
- Session Four: Tuesday 27th October 2020, 6pm – 9pm.
- Session Five: Tuesday 10th November 2020, 6pm – 9pm.
- Session Six: Tuesday 24th November 2020, 6pm – 9pm.
- Session Seven: Tuesday 8th December 2020, 6pm – 9pm.
- Session Eight: Tuesday 22nd December 2020, 6pm – 9pm.
- Session Nine: Tuesday 5th January 2021, 6pm – 9pm.
- Session Ten: Tuesday 19th January 2021, 6pm – 9pm.
- Celebration Dinner: Friday 29th January 2021
Orbit’s programme aims to develop the UK’s next generation of entrepreneurs. After completing ten sessions on the programme, Orbiteers will receive:
- Orbiteers can keep their businesses running for as long as they like.
- Orbiteers keep every penny that they earn from their businesses. Some Orbiteers have earned over £100k!
- Orbiteers develop the seven skills that are essential for success.
- Orbiteers build connections with business leaders across the UK.
- Orbiteers leave with two references and an incredible CV.
- Orbiteers work with and befriend other Orbiteers from schools in their area, and from across the United Kingdom.
- A completion certificate at the conclusion of the programme.
Orbit’s programme contains modules which are covered in our online courses and workshops. We’ll cover the following content during our 2020-2021 programme:
- The mindset of an entrepreneur: learn the traits and behaviours of the UK’s most successful entrepreneurs.
- The customer value proposition canvas: learn how to profile your target audience and build propositions to meet their needs.
- The business model canvas: learn how to find a business model for your venture.
- The lean start-up: learn how to validate your business idea and your business model.
- Self-employment: learn what’s involved in self-employment and your legal responsibilities as a sole-trader.
- Business plans: learn how to create a business plan for your venture.
- Raising investment: learn how to get your business ready for investment.
- Building a brand: learn how to create a brand and design your logo and branded materials.
- Creating a website: learn how to build a stunning website using WordPress and Elementor.
- Building a sales funnel: learn how to generate sales for your business through a sales funnel.
- Growing your business: learn how to grow your business nationally and internationally.
Orbit’s programme runs from 10 cities across the United Kingdom. We currently operate from: