Our accelerator is designed to allow Orbiteers to explore their passions and interests, and build a curriculum around their own needs. We’ve deliberately included a broad range of subject areas and Orbiteers choose what they want to learn. With this approach, Orbiteers discover new career paths that spark their interest and help them decide upon what they’d like to do with their future.
Examples of the content we cover:
- User Experience Design.
- Real Estate.
- Investing in Equities, Index Funds, ETFs, Bonds, Cryptocurrencies, and Commodities.
- Cash-Flow Forecasts.
- Employment Law.
- Contract Law.
- Artificial Intelligence.
- Digital Marketing.
- Virtual Reality.
- Predictive Analytics.
- Product Design.
- Website Development.
- And so much more…
Orbit’s programme is designed not just to present knowledge, but to develop the skills that allow Orbiteers to apply the knowledge that they’ve gained. We’ve worked with psychology experts, development coaches, and business leaders to identify the skills needed to succeed in tomorrow’s working world.
The accelerator programme is designed to push Orbiteers beyond their comfort zone.
- Communication Skills: Orbiteers can comfortably speak on stage, and conduct themselves appropriately when meeting with new people. We help Orbiteers to build rapport in relationships and display charisma when meeting new people.
- Critical Thinking: Orbiteers can look at information presented to them, and evaluate the points made. We remind Orbiteers that not everything they read (even in school textbooks) is true, and that they should question the sources and quality of information.
- Sales Skills: you don’t have to work in sales to be a salesperson. In truth, everyone is selling themselves; whether it’s to an employer or an investor. Orbiteers will implement the six factors of persuasion and encourage people to adopt their ideas and concepts.
- Self-Discipline: Orbiteers are encouraged to begin managing their personal finances, and their time. We encourage Orbiteers to take responsibility for their own actions without blaming external circumstances for short-comings.
- Leadership Skills: Orbiteers are given opportunities to take control of situations, communicate a vision, and develop their style of leadership.
- Team-working Skills: The working world of tomorrow will reply heavily on small project teams, and the ability to build relationships, allocate tasks and resources, and maintain harmonious relationships are essential for working environments.
- Creativity: Orbiteers can take concepts presented to them, and tailor them to suit the needs of specific situations. Orbiteers are encouraged to create solutions for problems as opposed to adopting standard practices.
- Networking Skills: Orbiteers will be comfortable, and able to nurture relationships with industry leaders whom can add value to their endeavours. Orbiteers learn how to foster relationships and participate in networking events.
We’re looking for Orbiteers whom have a keen interest in launching their career into the stratosphere.
- Aged 16-19 years old.
- Currently in education.*
- Lives within 45 minutes travelling time from one of our Gaffs.
- Completely committed to attending our compulsory sessions, and eager to participate in non-compulsory sessions.
The Ideal Orbiteer:
- Strong work ethic.
- Eager to learn about the future of work.
- Can demonstrate their commitment to completing projects.
- A willingness to try new things, follow bold ideas, and leave your comfort zone behind.
- Willing to meet new people and build networks with valuable contacts.
- Would like to travel to cities around the UK.
- A keen interest to launch a business (entrepreneur route)
*Exceptions can be granted.
Orbit Accelerators are currently available in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Birmingham and London. We’ll open an additional five accelerators in Leeds, Bristol, Newcastle, Belfast, and Cardiff by June 2019.
Orbit’s programme contains 50 workshops, which take place every weekend across the UK. Although attendance is not compulsory, Orbiteers are encouraged to travel in groups to the workshops with the aim of building connections with other Orbiteers & business leaders across the UK.
Orbit’s accelerator has compulsory and non-compulsory features.
- Gaff Sessions: The monthly “Gaff sessions” take place on the last Tuesday evening (Intrapreneur Programme) and last Thursday evening (Entrepreneur Programme) of every month, between 5.45pm and 7.45pm.
- Champion Meetings: Orbiteers can choose a suitable date/time in their schedule with their champion for a one hour monthly meeting.
- Online Training Courses.
Orbiteers keep 100% of the income from their business or job. Some Orbiteers have earned upwards of £100,000 and we aim to support Orbiteers to earn at least £10,000+ from their endeavours.
Orbiteers meet with leading business figures and industry leaders throughout their stay on the accelerator. Our champions make introductions to sector specific contacts whom can add value to an Orbiteer’s endevours.
We have monthly “Orbiteer of the Month” awards which recognise the achievements of our cohorts. Our annual awards provide the opportunity for Orbiteers to compete for awards including:
- Dinner with a billionaire.
- £1000 – £3000 Cash Prizes.
- Holidays and trips across the globe, including Silicon Valley, California.
Orbiteers are given a completion certificate detailing the progress that they’ve made, and their achievements throughout the programme.
FIVE YEAR CAREER PLAN
Orbiteers will leave the programme with a clear plan for the first five years of their career. Orbit’s programme is designed to help Orbiteers find a future career path which they can excel in. Orbiteers are encouraged to find career paths that inspire and excite them.
All Orbiteers leave the programme with two references; one from the Programme Gaffer and one from the Orbiteer’s Champion.
SKILLS AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Public speaking and communication skills.
- Sales, charisma, and persuasive skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Team management and project management.
- Financial management, budgeting, and investing skills.
- CV writing and interview mastery skills.
- Networking skills.
- Developing, and enhancing creativity.
- Analysing data and critical thinking.
Orbit is completely free for teachers, schools, and the Orbiteers we work with. Our sponsorship model is a pioneering initiative that matches investors, sponsors and Orbiteers together. This model has been a “game-changer” for Social Enterprises, and allows Orbit to invest large amounts of capital into our accelerator programme.
Accelerator Sponsor Fees
- £1950 per Orbiteer, for 12 months of accelerator support and 24 months of post accelerator support.
- The £1950 is split between two sponsors whom both agree to pay £975 each.
- Each sponsor pays £27.08 in monthly instalments over a 36-month period.
“A sponsor” could include (but is not limited to) a parent, a grandparent, a local business, or a neighbour. Orbit provides a package of benefits to the sponsors, and training is provided to Orbiteers on securing sponsorship. We don’t encourage Orbiteers to sponsor themselves and Schools are not expected to pay for the programme.
Securing two sponsors has proven to be a simple process, and Orbiteers have a 60 day period to secure their sponsors after joining the programme.
Find out more about how our sponsorship model is changing lives across the UK by clicking here.